Albert B. Addis
B.A. 1972 – Oakland University
Juris Doctor – Magna Cum Laude 1980
Albert B. Addis serves the firm in an “Of-Counsel” capacity with more than 37 years of legal experience. The vast majority of that experience has been served in courtrooms as a trial attorney involved in various areas of the law including constitutional law, municipal law, labor law, criminal law, personal injury litigation (both Plaintiff and Defense), and Medicare/Medicaid fraud and other criminal cases.
Mr. Addis has tried well over 100 cases to verdict with a documentable 98% success rate. He is also well experienced in the fields of arbitration and mediation as both an attorney for the parties and as the arbitrator or mediator himself.
Additionally, Mr. Addis has served in the past as general counsel for Mackinaw Administrators, presently a division of Meadowbrook Insurance Companies, and one of Michigan’s major third party administrative companies. He also serves as labor and litigation counsel to various entities including Macomb Township, The Village of New Haven, Township of Grosse Ile, along with the Gladwin County Courts and Ogemaw County. * He is licensed to practice law in Michigan, and is admitted to the United States District Courts of Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan and the Sixth Circuit Court for the Appeals.
Mr. Addis has been named a Michigan Super Lawyer every year since 2010 in various areas of legal practice. He received his J.D., cum laude from the Detroit College of Law in 1980 and B.A., magna cum laude, from Oakland University in 1972.
An AV rated litigator, Mr. Addis’s experience includes successful trials for his clients in all of the following areas of law.
- Automobile Negligence (Plaintiff and Defense)
- Trucking Negligence (Plaintiff and Defense)
- PIP/No Fault (Plaintiff and Defense)
- Municipal Law
- Premises Liability (Plaintiff and Defense)
- Municipal Liability (Plaintiff and Defense)
- Constitutional Violations
- Police Liability
- General Governmental Law
- State and Federal Criminal Law
- Long Term Care (Civil and Criminal; State and Federal)
- Medicare/Medicaid Fraud (Civil and Criminal; State and Federal)
- Criminal Automobile Negligence (several seven figure Plaintiff verdicts as settlements)
- Negligent Homicide and Manslaughter Defense
- Divorce and Custody, including trial
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions
A list of past and present clientele is available upon demand.
*Mr. Addis maintains a Northern Michigan office