Planning for the expected and unexpected can be daunting. If anyone has an understanding of the importance of having an estate plan, it is Elizabeth M. Vincent. Elizabeth is an associate at Michigan Justice, P.L.L.C. located in Mt. Clemens, Michigan. Her practice focuses on estate planning, business planning, elder law, special needs planning, and settlement planning.
Elizabeth began her legal career focusing on estate planning with a focus on planning for families with closely-held businesses. She expanded her practice to include elder law and special needs planning with a unique perspective. In July 2014, Elizabeth was in a traumatic accident that resulted in her hospitalization for almost a month leaving her temporarily wheelchair bound. She has first-hand experience as a patient in a rehabilitation facility, which she uses to relate to her clients and help her empathize with their caregivers.
Elizabeth is a member of the Academy of Special Needs Planners (ASNP), Elder Law Answers (ELA), and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA). She was recently elected to the Council for the Elder Law and Disability Rights (ELDRS) Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
Elizabeth was born and raised in Macomb County. She graduated with Honors from Oakland University with a Bachelors of Science Degree in Psychology. Elizabeth then graduated Cum Laude from Thomas M. Cooley Law School where she obtained her Juris Doctorate. She currently resides in Sterling Heights with her husband and their three dogs.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Special Needs Planning
- Medicaid Planning
- Settlement Planning
- Estate Administration
- Trust Administration
- Business Law
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, Western Michigan Cooley Law School
- Bachelor of Sciences, Cum Laude, Psychology, Oakland University
- Magna Cum Laude, Cousino High School
- State Bar of Michigan – Elder Law and Disability Rights, Probate and Estate Planning, and Business Law Sections
- Council Member of the Elder Law and Disability Rights Section (ELDRS)
- Academy of Special Needs Planners (Planning Committee Member for the 2017 and 2018 Annual Meetings)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Macomb County Probate Bar Association