Protect Your Legacy
You have worked very hard to build the life that you want and you should protect that investment by having an experienced Michigan Estate Planning Lawyer craft a plan that properly reflects your families individual needs and wishes. We know what you may be thinking “What does it matter, I’ll be dead?” or “I don’t have an estate” or “I’m young, I don’t need to worry about that now”. We get it, it is not a fun topic to discuss and you may not be what you would consider wealthy, but you still need an estate plan. We will work with you to determine the best plan for you and make sure that all of your questions are answered and all of your needs are met. The plan we will craft for you will do a number of things such as:
- Protect your assets during your lifetime (including protecting assets from Nursing Homes)
- Properly manage your retirement assets
- Appoint someone to act on your behalf if you become disabled
- Appoint someone to care for your children if you passed away while they are young
- Avoid Probate
- Avoid any unnecessary taxes
- Maintain your privacy
Call today to speak directory to special needs trusts attorney
Schedule a Free Consultation for special needs trusts
Estate Planning is for Everyone
A common misconception about estate planning is that a person has to be wealthy in order to need an estate plan. This could not be further from the truth. Every individual over the age of 18 should have at least a basic estate plan consisting of a Last Will and Testament, Durable Power of Attorney, and Medical Power of Attorney. If there is an emergency and you cannot act on your own behalf, someone must be given legal authority to do so. If this is not done through an estate plan, your family will be forced to petition the local probate court for authority which is inevitably more costly and time consuming.
Furthermore, if you have minor children it is important to name Guardians of your children in order to ensure that your wishes are honored and the individuals of your choosing, and not those chosen by a judge, are the people who raise your children.
Michigan Estate Planning Personally Tailored for You
Our goal at Michigan Justice is to ensure that your wishes are honored and that the appropriate persons are nominated to manage your affairs both during your lifetime and after your passing. Our focus is to help craft a plain specifically tailored for your family’s specific needs and wishes, including the answering the following questions:
- Who should care for your children if you (and your spouse) pass away?
- Who should manage your affairs if you are incapacitated?
- Is privacy important to you?
- Are your heirs mature enough to receive a large inheritance in one lump sum? Or would they benefit from the protection of a more long-term approach?
- Are any of your heirs currently receiving public benefits such as SSI and Medicaid? If so, a special needs trust should be created to ensure they do not lose their benefits
- Have you planned for the cost of long-term-care?
Our focus is on ensuring that your assets of are protected and that you maximize all available resources if there is a need for long-term care. This is done by using a number of tools, but the most important tool is the irrevocable trust. Our Estate Planning Lawyers can shelter the assets you have worked so hard for while allowing an element of control over your plan and your estate.
Each client’s life is unique and our goal is to tailor your plan to meet your current goals and needs while keeping our eye on your future goals and anticipated future needs. Contact our office for a free consultation with an experienced estate planning attorney.
Special Needs Trusts Lawyer has the experience to help you craft a plan for your future.
Planning for the expected and unexpected can be daunting. If anyone has an understanding of the importance of having an estate plan, it is Michigan Justice. The practice focuses on estate planning, business planning, elder law, special needs planning, and settlement planning.